US ISES 2022 Speaker
Christine Dunbar is currently Vice President of Product Management & Chief of Staff for the Compute and Wired Infrastructure Business Unit at GlobalFoundries, Inc., the world’s largest U.S.-based, independent semiconductor foundry.
Christine joined GlobalFoundries (GF) in July 2015 with the IBM Microelectronics Division acquisition. From 2012 until the GlobalFoundries acquisition, Christine was the Director of the IBM Specialty Foundry Business. Christine lead the transition of this business and client base to the GlobalFoundries Radio Frequency (RF) portfolio, establishing the foundation for GF’s leadership in the RF technologies that serve as a foundation for GF’s Mobile & Wireless Infrastructure Business Unit.
Christine graduated from Cornell University in 1996 with a bachelor’s degree in Materials Science and Engineering and has held various technical engineering, management and executive positions throughout her career in semiconductors. These roles span across many disciplines – including leadership roles in Business Development, Sales, Semiconductor Manufacturing Operations, Quality, & Device Characterization.
Christine is also active in her community supporting causes important to her. She is a founding member of the Leadership Now Project, a group of non-partisan business leaders committed to the health of the US democracy, established in 2017. Christine also serves on the Board of Directors at the Boys and Girls Club of Burlington, Vermont. She lives in Shelburne, Vermont USA with her partner & two teenage children.
Semiconductor Manufacturing in the Era of Bold
We are are at an unprecendented time in our industry – a time that is calling for bold innovation in technology, partnerships, manufacturing practices. This talk will summarize our call to action for our industry in this “Era of Bold”. A view of how GlobalFoundries & the entire semiconductor ecosystem must think & act differently in order to sustainably satisfy the world’s ever increasing demand for technology.
GlobalFoundries (GF) was formed in 2009 and is the world’s largest U.S.-based, independent semiconductor foundry with a global manufacturing footprint. Its fabrication facilities (“fabs”) in the U.S., Germany and Singapore manufacture feature-rich semiconductors for hundreds of customers worldwide who require these pervasive chips to produce billions of devices, vital electronics, and new technologies that society relies on for mobility, internet of things (IoT), smart devices, communications infrastructure and datacenter, automotive and other growing markets.
- Produces a broad range of pervasive, feature-rich chips that are vital to a $91 trillion world economy
- Produces chips that comprise more than 70% of overall chip demand for the $86 billion global semiconductor manufacturing services market
- Is one of the world’s five leading semiconductor manufacturers
- Is the only independent semiconductor manufacturer with operations on three continents
- Is a “Trusted Foundry” for the U.S. government, with similar designations in Singapore and Dresden including certified international Common Criteria standard (ISO 15408, CC Version 3.1)
- Invested more than $15 billion over the last decade to support innovation and manufacturing capacity